About the Great Ocean Road Coast and Parks Authority
The Great Ocean Road Coast and Parks Authority (the Authority) was established on 1 December 2020 to deliver better protection and management of the iconic coast and parks of Victoria’s Great Ocean Road.
In partnership with our Traditional Owners, our role is to manage, protect, rehabilitate and foster resilience of the natural, cultural and heritage values of coastal Crown land and marine waters along the Great Ocean Road.
As a public land manager for the Great Ocean Road coast and parks, we manage a wide variety of public land from National Parks to coastal beaches to town foreshores. We also lead visitation policy and planning for the scenic landscapes along the Great Ocean Road to manage visitation ‘hot spots’ and provide a great visitor experience.
All revenue raised through our commercial endeavours is reinvested back into the coast to ensure the Great Ocean Road region can be enjoyed now and for generations to come.
Purpose of the position
This position is responsible for the overall coordination and oversight of the Authority’s corporate governance program, along with compliance with its legislative responsibilities and statutory requirements including the Financial Management Act 1994 (FMA), the 2018 Standing Directions (SD), the Public Administration Act 2004 (PAA) and relevant policies of the Department of Environment, Land, Water and Planning (DELWP) and the Victorian Public Sector Commission (VPSC).
Key selection criteria
Qualifications and experience:
- A relevant qualification or 5+ years’ experience providing oversight and management of governance processes to a statutory or local government authority
- Experience in interpreting legislation, understanding statutory processes and developing compliant policies and procedures.
Knowledge and skills
- Ability to work in a politically sensitive environment and maintain discretion and confidentiality
- Ability to build relationships and collaborate with all levels of the organisation to achieve desired outcomes
- Excellent organisational and time management skills and ability to manage competing priorities
- Strong interpersonal skills along with well-developed oral, policy and written communication skills
- Well-developed analytical, problem identification and resolution skills
- High level of commitment to the provision of consistently high standards of service
- Ability to work co-operatively as part of a team.
Applications for this position close at 9.00am Friday, 8 July 2022.
- A current resume
- Response to key selection criteria.